Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Nash UNC Health Care - The Danny Talbott Cancer Center
UNC Cancer Care at Nash, Rocky Mount, NC -The Danny Talbott Cancer Center is seeking a physician to join an established team of 2 physicians and 2 APPs. The ideal candidate has completed a fellowship in Hematology/Oncology or Medical Oncology, and is Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine and Hematology and Medical Oncology. This provider will see all tumor types but the team welcomes interest in sub-types, including interest in Gastrointestinal or Genitourinary conditions.
The Danny Talbott Cancer Center, established in 2018, brings comprehensive cancer services under one roof, including hematology/medical oncology, radiation oncology, infusion services, clinic research, and other support programs. The teams offer support from diagnosis, through treatment, to survivorship and comfort care. Patients benefit from the most innovative research and groundbreaking clinical trials of UNC's academic medical center and coordination of care between Nash oncologists and cancer specialists at UNC, without having to leave our community. The Danny Talbott Cancer Center is fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program.
In addition to clinical responsibilities covering outpatient, inpatient and ED consults, the position will be expected to spend approximately 10% of their time in program development capacities, with special emphasis on enhancing access to clinical trials in collaboration with the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center. They will also be expected to champion initiatives to streamline oncology care across medical disciplines, ensure patient-centered and evidence-based oncology care, and collaborate with community providers to maximize retention of patients within the Nash UNC Health Care service area.
UNC Physicians Network offers competitive salary and benefits for qualified applicants.
- A competitive salary consistent with MGMA benchmarks
- Productivity bonus, based upon achieving set WRVU threshold, commiserate with MGMA salary benchmark
- Professional Liability Coverage, a comprehensive health benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance Retirement plan with organizational match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance
Individuals with experience in clinical research, cancer program leadership and development are encouraged to apply.
Nash UNC Health Care, a managed affiliate of UNC Health, is a non-profit 272 bed acute care facility with award winning specialty services.
For more information about our hospital and campus, visit www.nashunchealthcare.org.
Hematology/Oncology Physician Job Description and Duties
Work with hospital leadership, UNCHCS and clinical team to develop and implement the strategic plans (examples: volume growth, multi-specialty clinic, genetic testing/counseling)
- Attend Cancer Conference (90%+ attendance)
- Willingness to serve as Cancer Conference Coordinator, if appointed by Cancer Committee
- Take active role in Cancer Committee Meetings
- 75%+ attendance is required
- Review and develop action plans to ensure high patient satisfaction scores
- Work with hospital leadership to plan and implement a growth strategy for cancer services.
- Work with hospital leadership to update policies and procedures as needed:
- Inpatient Medical Oncology
- Outpatient Medical Oncology
- Outpatient Infusion
- Cancer Operations (general)
- Continue to develop and implement clinical trial program in partnership with UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Continue to explore national clinical trials as appropriate.
- Participate in collaborative case review process with UNC Cancer Hospital. Growth & Partnership:
- Build a collaborative relationship with established medical oncologists across the System.
- Collaborate with referring community physicians to ensure continuity of care for shared patients.
- Partner with cancer support programs: navigation, social work, registry, nutrition, etc. to develop program goals for continued growth.
- Participate in provider to provider outreach to develop and strengthen referring physician relationships.
- Unassigned ED Call: 1:5. Physicians provide oversight for APP on call. Patients are admitted through Hospitalist service. Consulting physicians are expected to see patients within 24 hours of admission.
- Practice call for established patients is shared across all providers, including APP's.
- This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.