Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Internal Number: REQ-019507
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Job Title: Client Service Representative
We are looking for a candidate who can work Monday - Friday
1:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Accurately enters demographic/ clinical data into information systems from various source documents for processing, data management, and storage in a timely manner.
Transcribes dictated or hand written materials into an electronic comprehensive pathology report for the Pathologist in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy using word processing and dictation equipment. May take dictation using shorthand.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Researches, troubleshoots, and resolves internal office issues to ensure client satisfaction.
- Contacts clients in a timely and professional manner to obtain and correct missing data related to the patient requisition such as:
- client information (group name, referring physician, address, and phone and fax number)
- patient's demographics (patient name, address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, gender, medical record number, and electronic medical record number)
- clinical history (past/present medical conditions, specifics of medical diagnosis or tests, treatment plans, family history, type of service, services received, dates of service, and provider of service)
- specimen description (size, shape, and type of specimen)
- billing type (client, patient, insurance, no charge)
- patient insurance information (insurance code, carrier name, policy number, group number, and address of insurance carrier)
- request add-on testing
- convey when laboratory testing cannot be performed and when laboratory tests are cancelled
- relay changes in business hours and alternative specimen pickup schedules
- Serves as a resource to referring clients regarding patient results, distribution of pathology reports, specimen collection and submission requirements.
- Acts as a dispatch service for laboratory couriers by calling for specimen pickups and distribution of laboratory supplies.
- Coordinates various aspects of client services quality assurance and compliance functions including documenting the client concerns and resolution
- Interacts with the laboratory and management to escalate client dissatisfaction or requests and expedite resolutions for workflow issues.
- May monitor incoming/outgoing consultation cases by coordinating and tracking the transportation of slides and/or blocks.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
- Registered College student or graduate
- Minimum of one (1) year customer/client/patient experience.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Dermpath New England
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.