Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Internal Number: REQ-019205
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
As a Lab Assistant, you will be in an entry level laboratory role, receive on the job training to support healthcare professional and prepares specimens for processing.
Location: Greensboro, NC 27408
Days: Sunday - Thursday
Hours: 10: 00 PM - 6:30 AM
Full-time - Benefit Eligible
- Enter patient demographics in the laboratory information system.
- Label requisitions, specimen containers, cassettes and/or slides with a unique identification number and affixes coverslip to slides.
- Monitor inventory, place supply order prior to depletion, stock and maintain laboratory supplies.
- File, retrieve, and distribute blocks, slides, and pathology reports.
- Operate, clean, and sterilize laboratory equipment, glassware, instruments, and workstation.
- Dispose of hazardous chemical wastes per regulatory guidelines
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- High School Diploma or GED
- State licensure, if applicable
- Minimum of 6 months data entry and 1 year of practical laboratory experience
- Successful completion of a visual color discrimination test
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Greensboro Shift (United States of America)
Greensboro Pathology LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.