Location: Valhalla, New York
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
A Call Center Representative is responsible for answering phone calls to the COVID Call Center or APS Service line Call Centers to meet the needs of patients regarding scheduling, updating/requesting pertinent information and act as a liaison in reporting any patient suggestions to management.
- Verifies and updates current patient information (demographic, financial, and clinical) in Cerner.
- Schedules future appointments based on procedure type, time requirements, and provider schedules.
- Answer incoming phone calls and make outbound phone calls, gathering information to route appropriately.
- Utilize triage system for all patient care related calls, in accordance with triage procedures.
- Work with practice staff to communicate patient requests and questions escalating when necessary to practice leadership
- Create correspondence to patients who failed to keep appointments in accordance with policy and provider request.
- Provide patient test results when appropriate and under the direction of the medical staff.
- Accept and directs deliveries of medical/office supplies and mail.
- Perform general office duties, such as document preparation, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology, including specialized software as applicable, to maximize productivity.
- Develops and maintains electronic files as necessary.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; provides customer service; assists other support staff as necessary; collaborates with all levels of internal leadership, management, and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and other external parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of one (1) year of call center and customer service experience.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates preferred, but not required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.