Location: Newark, Delaware
Come and join us in the ChristianaCare Pharmacy - Dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
ChristianaCare is recruiting for Pharmacy Access Coordinator. This is a key non-clinical role. As the Pharmacy Access Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing high-touch, patient-centric care to drive an exceptional experience for patients enrolled in the ChristianaCare Specialty Pharmacy Program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves the patient and their caregiver's primary point of contact for the ChristianaCare Specialty Pharmacy Program.
- Triages and coordinates the patient's and their caregiver's needs to escalate issues to the appropriate clinical or non-clinical resources both internally and externally of the organization.
- Develops relationships with patients and their caregivers to provide an exceptional and engaging experience while enrolled in the ChristianaCare Specialty Pharmacy Program.
- Serves as the program's liaison to office practice clinical and operations staff.
- Conducts initial and follow-up benefit investigation (BI) to assist providers and patients in the timely initiation or continuity of specialty medication therapy.
- Coordinates the patient's enrollment in patient assistance programs to improve affordability of specialty medication therapy.
- Facilitates processing of third-party payer prior authorization (PA) and utilization management (UM), and step-edits for specialty medications to expedite therapy initiation or avoid therapy disruption.
- Coordinates with the program's clinical pharmacist team and pharmacy operations team to achieve the program's goals and objectives. These activities include but not limited to specialty medication prescription refill coordination, implementation or execution of non-clinical care plan activities, documents program activities, coordination with external specialty pharmacies, reporting of performance metrics, etc.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of program.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills and customer service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills required
- Experience working in a medical practice or pharmacy preferred
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification preferred