Location: Miami, Florida
Provides support for perioperative patients under the direction and the supervision of the Administrative Director, Nurse Manager and Nurses.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- CPR: American Heart Healthcare Provider – must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Essential Job Duties:
- Cleans and disinfects rooms, furniture, fixtures and equipment per the Infection Control Policy. Makes beds, removes soiled linen & trash and relines all waste and laundry containers.
- Responsible for cleaning and returning equipment to storage.
- Precepts new employees and volunteers during their introductory period. Confirms completion of pertinent documentation.
- Provides support & responds to questions for perioperative patients in a knowledgeable manner by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care & privacy. Utilizes standard points covered in scripting.
- Performs indirect patient care: assists with lifting and positioning of the patient or holding limbs as needed for procedure under the supervision of the Nurse.
- Performs messenger services including transportation of laboratory products, clinical supplies, and pharmacy items to achieve productivity results in an efficient manner.
- Transports patients as directed by the core desk. Responds to requests from Operating Room (OR) desk in a timely fashion.
- Follows Institutional Clinical Laboratory Protocols and Standards for Specimen Handling and blood products.
- Acts proactively to anticipate need for patient's comfort measures, i.e. warm blanket, pillows, positioning aids, etc.
- Seals and moves biohazardous waste and exchanges syringe boxes, per Biohazardous Waste Disposal Policy.
- Accountable to stock all linens, supplies, specimen containers, removes all biohazardous waste and completes all turnovers within departmental standards and timeframe.
- Demonstrates proper indication and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Nursing- Support (Clinical)
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus