Location: Miami, Florida
Responsible for managing and coordinating the life cycle of an IT project request including governance, implementation, and change management process. Oversees and manages staff and all projects for the management of multiple IT global technology-based projects and programs in support of business units. Monitoring the efficacy of implementation and maintaining project management methodologies and standards. Responsible for enterprise IT governance by working with operational leaders for prioritizing and allocating IT resources and services to achieve the goals and objectives of the overall enterprise. Develop and manage a program of training and education for the enterprise to increase the adoption of IT systems and software.
Job Specific Duties
- Direct the development and maintenance of enterprise IT governance program including systems necessary for prioritization, tracking, and portfolio management.
- Direct the development and maintenance of IT change management that includes training, education, and communications to improve the success of system implementations and adoption.
- Direct and maintain programs for workforce sustainability by developing new entries points into the IT department such as internship, training, and education programs with academic and educational institutions.
- Direct the Project Management Office including the standardization of project management and communication of project progress at all levels of the organization.
- Direct the Project Management Office to meet performance targets, strategic timelines, and health system priorities .
- Act as strategic advisor with leaders in the organization to deliver optimal solutions for the organization.
- Responsible for NCHS and department objectives, plans and allocates capital and operating budget by applying rigorous methodology that ensures systems are developed and/or implemented.
- Develops a close relationship with customers, management, and staff to provide cost effective systems that meet customer needs.
- Establishes methodologies for the implementation and/or development of software systems to ensure systems meet quality, industry, and customer satisfaction standards.
- Provides oversight for all direct and indirect staff including orientation, training, regular meetings, daily activities, and evaluation within the established department and NCHS guidelines.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related major
- 4-7 years of experience in a management and leadership role
- 4-7 years of experience in Information Technology in a healthcare setting
- 4-7 years of experience performing project management and implementations for large organizations
- Experience setting policies, procedures, equipment standards, and documentation standards
- Experience in lead change management processes for the success of IT projects including training, education, communication and support
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook and Excel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in a complex setting such as academic, tertiary, or quaternary health system preferred.
- Ability to partner with executive and senior operational leaders on prioritizing, resourcing, and setting expectations for strategic and tactical initiatives as part of enterprise IT governance.
- Ability to bring together teams in IT and business operations to initiate and implement systems and software.
- Experience in the implementation and support of healthcare IT systems, particularly the Cerner EHR.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Independent facilitator with proven organizational ability and skill for handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understands meeting the service needs of academic and administrative technology users in a medical environment.
Primary Location :
BUS ANALYSIS & PROJ CONSULTING-1000-921915