Location: Suffern, New York
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
The Utility Worker performs a variety of duties connected with the kitchen operations in order to ensure efficient operations of food services.
- Assembles pot machine
- Records temperatures to ensure proper cleaning and sanitizing (reports any deficiencies immediately)
- Assembles all necessary supplies and prepares two well sink for washing pots.
- Sanitizes the clean pot storage cart.
- Utilizes the two well pot washing system and sanitizes pot machine.
- Air dries and stores every pot and pan.
- Fulfills all daily general responsibilities associated with pot washing.
- Disposes of garbage according to department guidelines.
- Cleans and sanitizes all kitchen equipment, following department policies and procedures.
- Sweeps and mops all floors and walk in refrigerators.
- Cleans refrigerators including walls and shelves.
- Transports food carts.
- Responds to customer concerns as soon as possible and initiates appropriate action.
- Communicates to immediate supervisor any food service issues or concerns.
- Reports any non-functioning and unsafe equipment to supervisor.
- Participates in data collection for quality improvement.
- Adjusts to changing situations and work assignments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position preferred.
A high school diploma or equivalency preferred, not required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.