BSWH is seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine Physician to join us as an outpatient Family Medicine physician in our Greater Austin, TX region at our Killeen - Harker Heightslocation. Located about an hour from Austin, Killeen is a family-friendly city known for its proximity to Fort Hood, one of the largest military bases in the U.S. This is an employed career opportunity with a generous benefits package that offers work-life balance, a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, and no state income tax.
We are looking for a committed team player with a favorable work/ training history. The ideal candidate should be focused on quality, and be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians, and other professionals to provide optimum patient care within our award-winning integrated health care system.
Joining the Baylor Scott & White Health team of medical professionals is a calling that is both fulfilling and rewarding. Our culture thrives in a physician-led spirit of excellence. Becoming a member of our multidisciplinary team grants you access to collegiality, innovation and advanced resources in technology.
Killeen–Temple is a metropolitan area in the Central Texas region of Bell County. Located about an hour from Austin, Killeen is a family-friendly city known for its proximity to Fort Hood, one of the largest military bases in the U.S. Not surprisingly, Killeen has a thriving economy and a cost of living lower than the U.S. national average. Bordering the Texas Hill Country, the area is well known for its rolling hills, bluebonnets, and spring wildflowers in the Grand Prairie to the west. Residents have access to down-home barbecue, an abundance of outdoor and recreational activities, and a fun live music scene. Killeen is ranked in the top 100 as one of the Best Places to Live and Best Places to Retire by the U.S. News & World Report.
This opportunity gives you an ideal work/life balance with clinic hours that support Austin’s ideal model to “Live, Work, & Play.”
· Come enjoy Austin, Texas, a place with legendary live music.
· An eclectic restaurant scene and unique culture.
· Austin has miles of hike and bike trails and over 200 parks and 300 days of clear skies a year!
· Outstanding public and private schools.
· The University of Texas, the Austin Symphony, professional sports teams and so much more.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following:
· Immediate eligibility for health benefits
· 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
· 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
· CME reimbursement and paid time off
· Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
About Baylor Scott and White Health System - Central Texas
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott and White Health was born from the 2013 combination of Baylor Health Care System and Scott and White Healthcare. Today, Baylor Scott and White includes 52 hospitals, more than 800 patient care sites, 7,300 active physicians, over 49,000 employees and the Scott and White Health Plan.
· Doctorate Degree in Medicine
· Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
· Where Applicable- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists
Five of our hospitals made Healthgrades’ America’s 250 Best Hospitals list, indicating they are in the top 5% in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!