All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
AdventHealth Wesley Chapel has been named to Healthgrades Top 250 Hospitals list. This places them in the top 5% of hospitals in the country for superior clinical performance and excellence
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse (RN) Weekend Work Program (WWP) coordinates the efforts of the multidisciplinary care team for the patients within his/her scope of responsibility. The RN WWP provides direct patient care, collaborates with patients, families, peers, physicians, and other members of the health care team in the delivery of care to a specific patient population. The RN WWP utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation) in order to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
The RN WWP demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to professional accountability and growth. The RN WWP strives to advance from novice to expert and become an evidence-based scholar in order to provide optimal patient care and advocate on behalf of his/her patients. The RN WWP serves as a role model for the mission, vision, and values of AdventHealth.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Utilizes the Nursing Process (Assess, Plan, Implement and Evaluate) to provide optimal patient care.
· Demonstrate accurate assessment skills appropriate to my patient population and based on evidence, policy and practice standards when caring for all patients regardless of complexity or need.
· Assure patient safety by adhering to established policies and procedures and utilizing patient safety resources such as mPPID. Implement a plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs.
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritize nursing interventions based on patient needs and in conjunction with unit activities and resources available.
· Actively participate in bedside shift report, safety huddles, multidisciplinary patient rounds and hourly rounding to gather all information necessary to care for my patients, anticipate their needs and provide for a smooth hand-off to other members of the health care team.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree upon hire
· One year of hospital nursing experience upon hire
PCU Medical: (5060003100)
· Active Florida RN or APRN license required upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire and then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification or RQI upon hire and then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· Current NIHSS Certification upon hire.
· 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
· 8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.