Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Are you an experienced financial analyst looking to join a large healthcare organization that is based on excellence and love?
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic healthcare organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible, and lowering healthcare costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care, and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the Best Hospital. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12-week paid parental leave
Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
About This Position
ChristianaCare is searching for an experienced Financial Analyst to join the Business Planning Finance team. This position is primarily responsible for financial analyses, profitability, and decision support related functions to support the strategy of ChristianaCare.
We are looking for candidates with very strong communication skills and experience communicating with senior leadership. Prior experience in healthcare is strongly preferred. Some responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with clinical and operations leaders to inform revenue and expense estimates needed to forecast strategy performance for new and expanded health system initiatives
- Develops and prepares pro forma financial models based on patient utilization, payor mix, gross charges, contractual adjustments, clinical staff productivity, ancillary service requirements, and other health care financial factors to accurately forecast financial performance for new and expanded initiatives
- Assist in development of presentations to leadership related to financial projections for new and expanded initiatives
- Presents pro forma financial models to stakeholders and associated business planning teams as needed
- Develops financial projections for incorporation into Certificate of Public Review applications and other regulatory presentations
Please note this is a hybrid role with the need to be in-office about one day per week (sometimes more depending on needs).
Desired candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent. Other requirements include:
- Three to five years of progressive experience in financial analysis, modeling, and working with complex datasets, preferably in the healthcare setting.
- Preparation and analyses of departmental, service and organization financial pro formas is required.
- Working knowledge of fee for service reimbursement and value-based reimbursement is preferred.