Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking an Executive Director, Ginsburg Institute for our Health Equity division.
The Executive Director develops, implements, and evaluates existing and new initiatives to further the mission, goals and strategic initiatives launched by the Ginsburg Institute for Health Equity at Nemours Children's Health. Specific areas of responsibility include strategic planning, administrative and fiscal operations and oversight, human resource management, and program development and management of the Institute's research, educational, convening, and community engagement activities as well as new strategic initiatives. The Executive Director will work with colleagues across the enterprise to bring the full value of Nemours Children's expertise to accelerate the work and goals of the Ginsburg Institute. The ideal Executive Director will be located in Central Florida and have the ability to catalyze the Institute's impact in that community.
The Ginsburg Institute will advance Nemours Children's mission to provide the leadership, institutions and services not readily available to improve children's health. The Ginsburg Institute will further this mission by incubating new and innovative programs, engaging in national policy discussions, and providing intellectual and practical leadership through clinical care, research, education and quality improvement initiatives. The Ginsburg Institute is endowed by a transformative gift by Alan H. Ginsburg and the Ginsburg Family Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
* Provides strategic leadership of organizational structure and development, coaching through organizational change and other staff/organizational issues.
* Leads the development of the Institute's plans and programs focused on talent acquisition, strategic planning and implementation, branding, communications, and public relations.
* Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and actions and the impact of those issues upon the attraction, motivation, development and retention of staff and faculty resources and philanthropic engagement.
* Compiles and utilizes analytics to inform management decisions and Institute strategy.
* Contributes to assessment of emerging funding opportunities, weighing costs, benefits, and strategic fit. Identifies and develops sources of revenue to support the mission and programs of the Institute in collaboration with Institutional Advancement.
* Develops innovative models that support the transfer of knowledge and innovations from the Institute to people and organizations across Central Florida, the United States and the world to enhance health equity.
* Develops programs and services that market and brand the Institute as a local, national and global leader in research, education, systems change, community engagement, and health equity.
* Provides administrative oversight for all of the Institute's research, educational and community engagement projects. Collaborates with key faculty members, research partners, community leaders, project management staff, outside vendors and stakeholders to ensure that all members of cross-functional teams are working together to accomplish the Institute's objectives. Serves as a leader or contributor at every level of project execution, from creative concept to final deliverables.
* Conduct analyses; research best practices for operational challenges; serve as the administrative and business liaison to program development processes; incorporate metrics into projects and assist in evaluating effectiveness of all activities, proposing, revising and overseeing activities as necessary to achieve successful efforts.
* Work in coordination with the teams from the Institute's projects to ensure accuracy, proper organization and advanced preparation of project deliverables.
* Ensures creation of database of Institute academic publications, policy papers, white papers, news articles and social media.
* Gathers and incorporates appropriate feedback and approvals from all Institute stakeholders as needed for specific programs and projects.
* Holds ultimate responsibility and accountability for all progress and proposal reporting.
* Develops infrastructure to support training activities at all levels. * Works with Office of Marketing and Communications to ensure alignment with Institute goals and objective
Fiscal Management (20%)
* Manages salary planning and distribution for the Institute.
* Develops budget for all of the Institute's projects, requesting budget quotes from institutional facilities, external vendors, collaborating partners, and independent contractors and employing them in an overall budget for each respective project and budget year.
* Tracks and manages budgets and timelines to ensure all projects are delivered on schedule and on budget.
* Analyzes expenditures and forecasts potential Institute costs across various scenarios to assist in future project planning.
* Allocates resources and develops efficiencies to improve and maintain program activities of the Institute and to ensure a positive financial performance.
* Serves as a resource on technical and program-related issues.
Human Resource Management (10%)
* Manages the hiring process for all Institute staff, including drafting job descriptions for posting, recruiting, interviewing and extending offers to prospective employees. * Manages the intake process for prospective Scholars.
* Designs and oversees orientation and training of new employees and Scholars serving as the point person during the hiring and training process for overall information about the Institute's organizational structure and programs and Nemours Children's processes and expectations.
* Manages translation/dissemination processes in collaboration with the Institute team and Nemours Children's marketing and communication, including management of a robust website targeting internal and external audiences, social media strategy, and responding to invitations for Institute participation in community and national activities, seminars, symposiums and conferences.
* Works with Office of Marketing and Communications to develop targeted, consistent messages to be used across platforms aimed at increasing brand position for the Institute within Nemours Children's and throughout the Central Florida region and beyond.
Requires minimum of master's degree in Business or Public Health and a minimum of 10 years of progressively professional-level administrative or financial experience related to project management or coordination of programmatic resources of a department, center or unit.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience in designing and launching a successful body of work from conception through implementation
* Experience in sponsored project management and project planning and execution
* Superior interpersonal and leadership skills to interface with all levels of the organization as well as with external constituencies
* Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategy
* Demonstrated record of accomplishments in managing large departments and budgets effectively as well developing and maintaining high-level interactions across academia, community, public and business sector
* Demonstrated success in the management of programs, activities or units
* Proven success managing diverse and successful teams
* Outstanding intellectual capability, problem-solving skills, and ability to learn complex content quickly and apply it to project management responsibilities
* Strong leader, self-starter, flexible, able to work independently and in teams, and able to take multiple priories and translate them into project completion through expert planning
* Exemplary organizational skills * Exemplary oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of health care and health system finance administration
* Significant management experience, with strength in training, mentoring and delegating
* Experience with health disparities and health equity programs, evaluation and research
* Experience in establishing and maintaining strong interdisciplinary and multisector partnerships
This description is a general statement of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned