Location: Akron, Ohio
Admin / Clerical
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
The Patient Service Representative provides a comprehensive set of business, financial and appointment-related services including master patient index integrity.
- Provide for smooth running of office by setting and revising priorities based on workload and anticipating needs and deadlines.
- Follows through on routine tasks and general office duties, i.e., faxing, copying, filing, mailings, promptly returning phone calls, managing incoming phone calls,
- Schedules patient visits or other diagnostic testing utilizing hospital procedures and resources.
- Develops and maintains positive relationship with patients and families via prompt and caring response to questions, requests, etc.
- Manages third-party payors and collection of co-pays.
- Performs point-of-service activities [visit preparation, co-pay collection, patient tracking and other duties] as assigned under the direction of the Practice Manager.
- Participates in cross coverage efforts with other secretaries, liaisons, and office coordinators.
- Travel to various clinic locations to provide patient services support
- Participates in departmental quality and process improvement programs
- Other duties as required.
1.Experience in computerized scheduling system required.
2.Knowledge of medical terminology and/or CPT/ICD-CM coding preferred.
3.Excellent communication skills.
4.Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5.Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6.Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required software is required.
Education and Experience
1.Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associate degree preferred.
3.Years of relevant experience: 2 years is preferred.
4.Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: