Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls, ID is seeking currently enrolled Surgical Tech Students for a Surgical Tech Apprentice (Flex Schedule) position to join our Surgical Services team.
The position will work 1-2 days per pay period while enrolled in a surgical tech program.
Unit/Position SummaryThe Surgical Technologist Apprentice, under supervision of a Certified Surgical Technologist, performs basic patient care procedures to support the unit/clinic health care team.
- Assists in pre-operative procedures such as assembly, selection of surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Helps prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis and helps apply dressings.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy & physiology, medical terminology and microbiology.
- Applies basic knowledge in surgical procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a sterile field for use during a surgical procedure
- Turnover of operating room in a timely manner to include tearing down case, and disposing of sharp and contaminated items in accordance with policy.
- Assists with gowning, gloving and draping. Passes instruments, and performs counts according to hospital policy,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School or GED equivalent.
- Experience: None
- Licenses/Certifications: Enrolled in Surgical Technologist program.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Twin Falls, Idaho
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.