Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, ID is seeking a Lab Asst 2 to join our Boise Hospital Phlebotomy team.
The Lab Assistant 2 is responsible for the pre-analytical processing of laboratory specimens AND/OR for the procurement and preparation of laboratory specimens for testing. Performs routine tasks and tests under general supervision.
- Morning/Day shift: 4:30am-1pm, Monday- Friday
- 36 hrs/week
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Time management skills
What We Offer/Perks
- Great team culture and be a part of an organization that greatly impacts our community
- Ample opportunities to learn and ability grow within the organization
- Benefit eligible position
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Orthodontics
- Wellness programs
- 401 Match Plan
- Tuition and Certification Reimbursement
- Scholarship Opportunities
- And so much more!
- Sorts, verifies specimen labeling, order entry and distributes specimen.
- May perform Point of Care Testing (POCT).
- May collect blood samples from patients, verify records and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- May order laboratory tests in an efficient, accurate manner.
- May explain collection procedures and provide patient instructions to ensure the accurate collection or preparation of specimens, to facilitate patient/caregiver understanding and to reduce patient anxiety. Provide courier routes as assigned.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May register patients or provide courier services.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. - Experience: .5 Years (6 months)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.