Location: Hawthorne, New York
Admin / Clerical
Performs various clerical duties for practice manager and/or supervisor, clinical team, or physicians including: answering telephones, taking messages for providers, scheduling surgical procedures, obtaining preauthorizations, enter information into surgical scheduling system.
- Work with clinical team to schedule patient procedures.
- Obtain insurance authorizations for surgical procedures.
- Assist patient in scheduling of pre-procedure testing
- Inform patient of surgical appointment and pre procedural requirements
- Handle incoming call volume promptly and in a professional manner
- Ability to provide high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Provide call confirmations to patients
- Schedule appointments correctly and ensure pertinent information is entered into the electronic medical record accurately
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures according to established policies and procedures.
- File or scan records into electronic medical record.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
- Float to other offices as required for adequate coverage.
Minimum of two years in a medical office. Minimum of two years of customer service support experience. Bilingual Spanish speaking candidates preferred, but not required
High school diploma or GED
Licenses / Certifications:
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.