Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function require various nurse licensure and certification based on role and grade level. Licensure includes RN or LPN/LVN, depending on grade level, with current unrestricted licensure in applicable state. LPN/LVN roles work under the direct supervision of an RN or MD. Function is responsible for performing pre-service clinical coverage review of services that require notification, using applicable benefit plan documents, evidence-based medical policy and nationally recognized clinical guidelines and criteria. Determines medical appropriateness of inpatient and outpatient services following evaluation of medical guidelines and benefit determination. *Employees in jobs labeled with ‘SCA’ must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience as SME/AM/Supervisor/Manager
- Active USRN Licensed
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Ability to serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Ability to solve complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Ability to perform complex conceptual analyses
- Ability to review work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Ability to forecast and plan resource requirements
- Ability to authorize deviations from standards
- Ability to lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Ability to provide explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Ability to motivate and inspire other team members
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2023 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.