Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Optum Hospice Pharmacy Services Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing consulting services to hospice clients
- Consulting services include, but are not limited to, clinical, financial, operational, and regulatory support
- Collaborate with hospice clinicians on building initial plans of care for new hospice admissions
- Consult with hospice clinicians on the management of pain and other symptoms at end of life
- Review hospice patient profiles for drug therapy appropriateness, effectiveness of therapy, duplications of therapy, interactions, monitoring parameters, actual or expected side effects, and payment coverage in accordance with CMS Conditions of Participation
- Provide drug utilization evaluations to hospice clients
- Serve as a subject matter expert advising hospice clients on current CMS guidance regarding the hospice industry
- Provide drug information responses to client inquiries using appropriate resources
- Prepare drug information resource and teaching tools to assist clients with educational needs
- Collaborate with Optum Clinical Nurse Consultants on wound care consults
- Participate in quarterly business reviews with Optum Client Services and hospice clients
- Engage in quality improvement activities
- Support the development of technology resources and reporting tools
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Current and unrestricted pharmacist license (any state)
- Ability to work 10 PM-8 AM ET 4 nights a week rotating weekends and holidays
- Additional certifications such as BCGP, BCPS, CPE or similar certification
- 4+ years of clinical experience and/or completion of a pharmacy residency program
- Hospice, palliative care, and/or pain management experience
- PBM experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.