Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Director Clinical Pharmacy Patient Care is accountable for managing the strategy and operational execution of the Clinical Engagement Services Center (CESC) in addition to ensuring quality and compliance guidelines are followed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide leadership to and accountable for the performance of manager level professional staff
- Own the end-to-end clinical engagement center operations process
- Monitor and measure progress against plan providing real time supportive and corrective feedback and assistance
- Develop functional, market level, and/or site strategy, plans, production and/or organizational priorities
- Obtain and distribute all the resources needed for priorities, goals and strategy; deploying the resources that best enable the team to do their work
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems outside own team
- Production volume forecasting and reporting
- Design, update and maintain workforce model
- Engage with leaders across the organization to identify opportunities and strategies for implementation, quality and efficiency
- Work with team leaders to develop plans and priorities that address/resolve operational challenges
- Other duties as assigned by VP, Pharmacy Services - Clinical Engagement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Active, unrestricted Pharmacist license in state of residence
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership/management role, within retail pharmacy or clinical setting mentoring/coaching staff, building morale, promoting team engagement
- 5+ years of experience with operational management including metrics related to clinical pharmacy and/or call center
- Highly proficient with Visio, SharePoint, MS Office Suite
- Prior PBM experience
- Direct call center experience
- Advance ability to create an effective team environment, build solid relationships, and inspiring interpersonal skills
- Adept at solving problems and issues in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization
- Critical thinking, de novo plans and strategies, and action/result/performance focus
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $118,000 to $226,800. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.