Director, Marketing and Communications CHRISTUS Health Plan
Location: Irving, Texas
Internal Number: 8842100
The Marketing/Communications Director is responsible for overseeing the Marketing and Communications activities for CHRISTUS Health Plan, which includes individual and family plans, Medicare Advantage, USFHP plans, and the CHRISTUS Quality Network.
This position is responsible for supporting marketing and communication activities in the Health Plan for both new and existing services to achieve strategic growth and improve the health and wellbeing of those we serve. This position oversees a broad range of marketing and communication activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership that promote, enhance and protect brand reputation and enable the organization to become the partner of choice.
Under the supervision of system leadership, the Director develops, formulates, manages, executes, and directs all marketing and communication activities for CHRISTUS Health Plan to increase/maintain the value/perception of the brand and grow enrollment. The Director is also responsible for overseeing Health Plan executive communications support, special events, sourcing and identifying impactful content, and internal communications.
The Director must have strategic reasoning skills and a deep understanding of payer marketing, including Medicare Advantage and Health Insurance Exchange markets, as well as the ability to work with a variety of key stakeholders to direct and inform Marketing/Communications campaigns and activities. The Director must monitor market dynamics and the competitive landscape to achieve a competitive advantage, as well as to provide timely and responsive changes to Marketing/Communication plans, tactics and messaging as appropriate.
The Director is in a position to interface daily with various publics and constituents, including senior leadership at the system and market levels, community and political leaders and regional CHRISTUS board members and Associates. The Director will be privy to and responsible for protecting the integrity of confidential corporate information, including strategic plans, financial information, risk management situations and patient information. The Director is called upon to make significant judgment calls in relation to events and materials that represent CHRISTUS positively and consistently, and to speak on the Health Plan's behalf.
·Ethics and Values– Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
·Creativity– Comes up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
·Customer Focus– Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with the customers in mind; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and garnishes their trust and respect.
·Decision Quality– Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
·Drive for Results– Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
·Peer Relationships– Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
·Priority Setting– Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
· Annually prepares and implements a strategic marketing and communications plan in conjunction with system and regional leadership
· Collaborate and develop annual Health Plan marketing strategies based on product changes and growth goals
· Motivates and helps executive management team and operations' managers translate the strategic plan into realistic tactics, action plans, specific targets for growth, resizing and integration of activities across markets and sites of care
· Plans, develops and implements profitable growth strategies, marketing goals and tactics, and campaigns for key audiences
· Identifies appropriate methods, tools, budgets, programs, and promotional campaigns to achieve plan goals
· Participate in Health Plan marketing organization, collaborating with sales and product teams, to ensure we are outperforming our competitors
· Present plans and outcomes to Health Plan leadership meetings and lead conversations around marketing activities
· Assumes ownership and accountability for volume growth and achievement of specific regional/hospital inpatient and outpatient objectives
· Develops intimate knowledge of market dynamics, including market share and demographics, competitive environment, product line research, physician environment, changing technology, and employer community
· Utilizes quantitative and qualitative market information to stay abreast and guide analysis of competitive and healthcare trends in the region
· Develops program advertising strategy and places all advertising in appropriate venues
· Contracts directly with advertising agencies, local media and other vendors as appropriate
· Plans, develops and distributes printed marketing collateral for the Health Plan and its programs that support the marketing plan
· Implement's CHRISTUS Health's brand standards to establish and maintain the CHRISTUS Health and Health Plan brand in the market
· Authorizes purchase of promotional items and oversees promotional events
· Monitors effectiveness of all advertising, promotional, and publicity efforts
· Oversees proactive public relations and responsive media strategy for region to generate positive publicity and image for all facilities
· Manages crisis communications and responsible for media control center during hospital emergencies/disasters
· Fulfill other duties assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
· Proven track record working in a matrixed, collaborative environment working with multiple stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be supportive/innovative in the process of change; strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues with regard to confidentiality.
· Demonstrated success in collaborating with other key leaders, including excellence in customer service and customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain high Associate engagement and satisfaction.
· Demonstrated understanding of financial operations and ability to meet/exceed expectations on an ongoing basis.
· Ability to make effective presentations to various stakeholders including physicians, senior leadership, governance, and external constituents.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent project management skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including creative approaches to internal and external marketing and communication platforms. Must possess a professional demeanor.
· Ability to effectively engage, manage and grow a team of direct reports.
· Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and other various programs.
· Ability to work extended hours on occasion, including some weekends and evenings.
· Ability to prioritize work, with little supervision, set priorities, create schedules and meet deadlines. Must be able to work rapidly, under pressure, and with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
· Ten or more years of progressive leadership experience in marketing, corporate communications and public/media relations including a solid understanding of digital technology, industry trends and overall knowledge of media landscape.
· Health insurance experience highly preferred. Experience at an advertising or public relations agency may be helpful.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.